Monday, November 24, 2008

Holidays

...are here!

I have some years where I'm not 'on my game' when it comes to being prepared. I'm happy to say that this is not one of them. I'm finished shopping for Christmas, though I'm looking at the pile of gifts and realize that I should have set a cap on how much to spend this year. This year is rather tight. I'm done with Christmas cards - addressing, stuffing, and sealing the envelopes. All that's left is taking them to the post office. All the food for Thanksgiving is in the kitchen and ready for preparing.

I've been enjoying the last couple of weekends with the kids. I think everyone is getting in more of a festive mood. Last year, Judy gave me a cookie cookbook. The kids & I have been having fun picking cookie recipes and trying them. This weekend it was 'snowman cookies,' ie Mexican wedding cookies. They were easy to make, and are a short-bread type cookie.

No comments: