Monday, November 24, 2008

So close to finishing I can almost taste it...

The weather hasn't been conducive to finishing up all of our outdoor projects, but we're making progress. The landscapers are doing lots of rock work and things are looking good outside. The pool house/cabin is all but finished; we're just lacking some minor trim work, painting, and HVAC work. The deck is finished, with the exception of getting a gutter put on the UnderDeck system and some staining.

I can't believe we've been working on this place for almost 2 years. 2 years of stress and headache! Whatever will I do without having crews of people here all the time?

Christmas is coming up, and I'm wanting to have a party in the worst way. Perhaps since I've seen this place at its absolute worst I'm still self-conscious about it. A new, 5,000 sf house on a mountain it is not! Will people drive all the way out here? Will they even want to stay for a couple of hours once they get here, or will they be turned off by our 'ruralness?' I suppose I'll have to make a decision and get the invitation out soon.

No comments: